Monday, April 15, 2013

Triple Baby Shower

I was recently involved in a low key Triple Baby Shower.  None of which these ladies were having their first baby (baby #3, baby #3 and baby #4).  This group of ladies (including myself) have been having babies together since baby #1 was born; I just decided to sit this round out.

At this shower I read a depiction of what it might look like if what happens to a stay-at-home-mom during a typical day happened to a working dad at his office job.  (not written by me, just read by me)  It got me to thinking about how much we stay-at-home-parents or daytime providers actually do every day, and what types of typically insurmountable tasks we manage to conquer. 

For example(s):

1. If you have children under the age of 5 and manage to use the restroom all by yourself, you have really accomplished something great!

2. Finally folding that pile of laundry?  Before having kids our clothes were always put away, ironed, clean...  After having kids you are lucky to have clean clothes.  When I do finally decide to fold the laundry the kids decide they want to 'help'.  Oh yes, I am grateful for their 'help'.  Not so much because they actually help me (because the only thing they help me do is turn a 20 minute task into a 4 hour task, and they increase my level of patience) but because I know it helps them.

3. Having a phone conversation without the sound of dying animals or screaming children in the background.  There is something about Mommy getting on the phone that signals to our children to be as loud as they possibly can?  I think they have a built in radar.  They are perfect angles all day then...Mommy gets on the phone!

Did you get to eat today?  Finish a complete thought?  Take a shower?  Have 5 minutes alone?  Wear a CLEAN shirt all day long?  Mop a floor?  Vacuum?  Not step on a toy?  Locate the very thing you were looking for without a long hunt?  Then you accomplished more than I did today, but it was all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so be kind and leave yours!